WAY Michigan will have a table at the Detroit Rib and R&B festival this weekend August 9th to 11th. It is located at Hart Plaza downtown. Come over to our table and talk to us about your student’s opportunity to receive a free public education that helps students build skills needed to be successful in the 21st Century.
At the Ribs and R&B Music Festival, revelers are treated to an amazing summertime celebration of barbecue and great music. The festival features an outstanding lineup of local barbecue experts and grilling gurus serving up tasty ribs, brisket, and chicken, as well as show after show featuring a variety of talented R&B and soul singers. In past years, the festival has received such artists as Chanté Moore, Loose Ends, Steven Russell Harts, The Mary Jane Girls, Dion Price, The Enchantments and many others. Come enjoy three days of food, fun and music in the sun along the beautiful Detroit riverfront, and shop from more than 100 vendors.
This year’s lineup includes Veronica Washington, singer of the new hit single “Love Drug”; Detroit’s own Beth Griffen, from NBC’s The Voice; The Gospel and Jazz Explosion, Howard Hewett, Avant, Jon B, Vivian Green and more.
- Voted Michigan’s No. 1 BBQ Music Festival in 2017 by EverFest
- Restaurants from around the nation will showcase “The best BBQ this side of the Mississippi” right here in Detroit
- World-class entertainment all three days across two musical stages (including Gospel and Jazz music)
- Plenty of vendors to shop with the whole family
- More than 150,000 annual attendees
For more information, visit: https://visitdetroit.com/