Enrollment for 2019-2020 is open!
WAY Michigan is a tuition-free charter school and is accepting applications for the 2019 - 2020 school year.
WAY Michigan is a tuition-free, public charter school with an online learning model. We serve grades 6-12 across the state of Michigan and our school is authorized by Central Michigan University according to the Michigan Revised School Code.
Why WAY Michigan?
- Engaging Projects - Students explore authentic, engaging, and real-world problems
- College and career support - Prepares students for college and success in their career of choice
- Technology Provided - Free laptop & internet are provided, if needed
- Accredited - WAY Michigan is nationally accredited by AdvancEd and chartered by Central Michigan University.
- Make Your Schedule - Learn at a pace that suits you. Opportunity to either accelerate or consolidate to quality
- 100% online - Specially devised learning platform integrated into our approach with teacher support 24/7
For more information about WAY Michigan, contact us by phone, email, or mail.
WAY Michigan Office
407 East Fort - Suite 201
Detroit, MI 48226
Please contact school for parking info.
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- How much does it cost?
- How do I enroll my child at WAY Michigan?
- Where can I get an application?
- Do you provide special education services?
- Do you provide free / reduced meals for students?
- Will my student be required to take standardized tests?
- What are the age limitations for enrolling?
- Do I need to be up to date on my immunizations?
- Can I graduate early?
- What documents are required for enrolling?
- Do I have to be a resident of Michigan?
Yes, as a condition of enrollment, WAY Michigan students are required to fulfill all state assessment requirements. Students will need to participate in all standardized testing, including MSTEP, PSAT 9/10, SAT, depending on their grade level. Local testing locations will be provided across the state.
Yes, you can graduate early! When you graduate depends on the amount of credits you have when you come to WAY Michigan with and how motivated you are to finish! Check the Graduation Requirements page for information on how many credits are required to graduate from WAY Michigan.
You will be asked to submit the following documents:
- Birth Certificate
- Student ID - Options include state ID, drivers license, previous school ID, bridge card, etc.
- Parent ID - If student is 18 / 19 years of age, this is not required
- Up to date immunization records
- Student's last report card / transcript
- IEP / 504 Files - If applicable